If you are shipping heavy, large volume goods and can afford a lead time of between 4 to 12 weeks, ocean freight will be your most cost-effective option. With regular Full Container Load (FCL) and Less-than-Container Load (LCL) shipments all around the globe, we’ve got your ocean freight needs under control. We cut out the middle man, leveraging our own worldwide network of direct shipping line contracts to achieve the best possible prices for you.
Full Container Load (FCL)
An FCL shipment is the transportation of a shipment with an entire shipping container. The merchandise being imported or exported has exclusive use of the container space and doesn’t have to share with other importers or exporters.
You may select from a 20-foot Dry Van (DV) container, 40-foot DV container, or a 40-foot high cube container/reefer.
FCL door to door shipments service features:
- Pick up
- Customs clearance at origin and destination
- Terminal charges at origin and destination
- Ocean freight
Less than Container Load (LCL)
LCL shipments, also known as groupage, refer to ocean freight shipments that are transported in a shipping container alongside cargo from other shippers by sharing the space within the container.
With LCL, there are 2 most common options to ship your cargo:
- Palletized LCL: This is the most recommended option because your cargo is transported safely on pallets and allows for easy handling. Truckers also usually require cargo to be palletized for inland moves. → Palletize your cargo to protect your LCL shipment
- Loose LCL cargo: With loose cargo, your merchandise is transported in stacked boxes. While it’s a popular option for shipping LCL cargo in Asia, the merchandise is susceptible to damages. → This option compromises the security of your cargo and that of other shippers
LCL door to door shipments service features:
- Cargo pick up or delivery
- Land transportation to or from the warehouse
- Consolidation/deconsolidation fees
- Transportation to or from the port of Mombasa
- Customs clearance
- Terminal charges
- Ocean freight charges
With our broad experience, we are able to combine ocean shipments with other shipment methods (air, rail, road) to ensure that you get an effective, hassle-free, door-to-door service. Our professional operations personnel will create your unique shipment plan from the ground up, taking care of every detail, including finding solutions to any issues that may arise. In short, we won’t rest until your delivery has arrived at its destination, on time and within your budget.
Our ocean freight services include:
- Bill of Lading (B/L) Processing
- Vessel Space Bookings/Scheduling to and from the Port of Mombasa
- Ocean Freight Customs Documentation and Processing
- Cargo Inspection
- Ocean Freight Cargo Consolidation (LCL) to and from the Port of Mombasa
- Port of Mombasa Ground Cargo Handling
- Local Port to Port Delivery and Pick Ups